Monday, March 13, 2017

Baby Steps, With Help, in Seeking my True Great Grandfather, John Buckley

LOOKING THROUGH LEXINGTON

The first thing I want to do is acknowledge and express my gratitude to a few wonderful people who are encouraging me to make another attempt at solving my brick wall dilemma regarding my two John Buckley men.  Pat Richley-Erickson, aka dearMYRTLE, your friend in genealogy, has gently encouraged me to blog more often.  blog.dearmyrtle.com

There is another wonderful woman on Facebook, Elizabeth Shown Mills, who is a genealogist, author, and so much more.  She posted something yesterday about having two men in the same place with the same name, and trying to identify who fits where in a family tree.  Well, I commented on her post about my John Buckley challenge, and she replied.  Thank you!  She was helpful and encouraging.

Jill Morelli shared some tips about how she uses timelines.  So, I started one for each John Buckley.  Baby steps here.

Jeri Leigh Satterwhite-Dearing mentioned some puzzles she has in her family tree, and how using the FAN

Karin Berry explained about her strategy of writing everything out.  That sounds appealing to me also.



So now, in the course of learning about my John Buckley person, I am also developing skills in post a blog.

Happy hunting!

No comments: