Sunday, June 11, 2017

Birthday of Frances Elizabeth Smith Davison b. 11 Jun 1899

This is my Nana, whose birthday is today.  This photo was taken at the Bethany Congregational Church on Main St. in East Rockaway, Long Island, New York, on the day that her youngest daughter, Doris Audrey Davison was married to Kenneth Russell Cotte.  February 14, 1954.  I used to love going to visit her in the summers, when I was out of school.  We lived in Newington, CT, then Rocky Hill, CT and then Madison, CT.  She was a wonderful knitter, and made me a sweater every year for Christmas.
One year, 1956 I think, I was allowed to take my best friend, Nancy Thompson, with me to visit for a week, and Nana sewed matching sun dresses for us.  People asked us if we were twins.  I loved it!  She was also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution.  A charter member, I believe.

No comments: